Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Slow Feasting

Ok, so this slacking is becoming a bit of a habit. I confess that another weekend slipped past with no genuine feasting. However, I’ve been thinking, and have made a decision to be more flexible with my feasting. The goal of preparing and enjoying fifty-two feasts remains, but I am going to take them at a more comfortable pace. After all, the whole point about this project is to enjoy cooking and eating; it runs against the spirit of the thing to stress about deadlines and goals. So what if it takes me two years to arrive at the final feast (which I am already planning—spit roasted pig anyone?) And another thing: I have, in the handful of feasts cataloged so far, realized that the ones I put more energy and anticipation into are simply more luscious and satisfying than those hurried culinary quickies.

Basically this is a long way of excusing myself from feasting this week. No panic, however, as I have several plans bubbling away on the back burner: elegant hors d’ oeuvres for a poetry party, a massive gastronomic homage to Oktoberfest, and a tableful of delicacies for a tea party are all on the menu this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment