Saturday, August 22, 2009

Trussed

This morning I awoke to find Mum and Dad in the usual state of pre-entertaining frenzy: Dad out in the garden at sunrise with the weed whacker and Mum flitting around the house with various cleaning implements like a deranged, house-proud humming-bird. Taking stock of the chaos, I offered to get breakfast from town: croissants from the Swiss Bakery and coffee from Useless Bay Coffee Company, (otherwise referred to as my place of employ).

After breakfast I chopped together the fruit stuffing, placed it in between the halves of marinated loin, and then trussed the two pieces together with cotton twine, thinking absentmindedly that this process must be reminiscent of cinching up a pair of corsets on a corpse. Not that I have ever done such a thing, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment